Fundraising Development Committee Activists
16 people are interested
Looking for a few good THINKERS AND DOERS to build awareness and financial support for a dynamic and innovative nonprofit health care provider. We encourage you to consider joining still evolving, roll-up-your-sleeves group of board and non-board committee members, if the opportunity and needs outlined below speak to you.
Provide oversight and guidance to the Board to develop resources and philanthropic revenue that ensures Norwalk Community Health Center has the financial ability to carry out its mission.
Skills, Attributes and Prerequisites
- Understanding of and commitment to the vision, mission and goals of Norwalk Community Health Center
- Willingness to make a personal annual contribution to Norwalk Community Health Center
- Willingness to be an ambassador for Norwalk Community Health Center in the larger community
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Formulate fundraising goals and action plans, in concert with staff, to support the organization’s short and long-range goals and objectives.
- Recommend fundraising goals to Board for approval.
- Monitor and regularly report progress of development initiatives to the Board.
- Assist in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting prospects.
- Determine whether a potential donor’s interests, skills, and values match those of opportunities at Norwalk Community Health Center, and if so, consider asking them to join the Development Committee.
- Help plan and implement fundraising and awareness raising events.
About Norwalk Community Health Center
120 Connecticut Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06854, US
At the Norwalk Community Health Center (NCHC), we believe that accessible healthcare should be a vital part of every community. We are committed to serving as an active partner in the South Norwalk Community. It is our mission to provide healthcare services tailored to the needs of the community and to every patient, regardless of status or socioeconomic background.
NCHC is a 501(c)3 Federally Qualified Health Center serving the underinsured/uninsured residents of Norwalk. We have a patient base of over 13,000 generating over 60,000 visits since opening April 12, 1999. We offer primary care in three areas, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, and OB/GYN, as well as clinics such as pulmonology and endocrinology.
We'll work with your schedule.
120 Connecticut AveNorwalk, CT 06854
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monthly meetings for 1.5 hours & special events;
- Team players with a sense of humor and passion for removing barriers to healthcare.