32 people are interested
Fundraising Development Steering Committee Activists
ORGANIZATION: Norwalk Community Health Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
32 people are interested
Our Development Committee is a Board Committee that includes board and non-board individuals. We are looking for a few good Strategic THINKERS AND DOERS, to build awareness and financial support for our dynamic and innovative nonprofit health care provider. Ours is a small, evolving group. With the loss of several key members due mainly to relocation, we are in a rebuilding mode.
if the opportunity and needs outlined below speak to you. we encourage you to consider joining our impactful roll-up-your-sleeves group of volunteer board and non-board committee members,
This Committee goals: raise awareness of our nationally recognized health center's services, accomplishments, mission and plans with the philanthropic, business and civic community and the general public. Develop financial and in-kind support for free wellness programs that address social determinants of health affecting our patient population and community. The steering committee also provides oversight and guidance to the Board to develop resources and philanthropic revenue that ensures Norwalk Community Health Center has the financial ability to carry out its mission.
Skills, Attributes and Prerequisites
- Understanding of and commitment to the vision, mission and goals of Norwalk Community Health Center
- Willingness to make a personal annual contribution to Norwalk Community Health Center
- Willingness to be an ambassador for Norwalk Community Health Center in the larger community
- Ability to attend and be an active participant at Committee Meetings.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Formulate fundraising goals and action plans, in concert with staff, to support the organization’s short and long-range goals and objectives.
- Recommend fundraising goals
- Monitor and regularly report progress of development initiatives to the Board.
- Assist in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting prospects.
- Determine whether a potential donor’s interests, skills, and values match those of opportunities at Norwalk Community Health Center, and if so, consider asking them to join the Development Committee.
- Help plan and implement fundraising and awareness raising events and programs that will attract and engage new companies, group, and individuals in a position to support our mission and programs.
About Norwalk Community Health Center
120 Connecticut Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06854, US
At the Norwalk Community Health Center (NCHC), we believe that accessible healthcare should be a vital part of every community. We are committed to serving as an active partner in the South Norwalk Community. It is our mission to provide healthcare services tailored to the needs of the community and to every patient, regardless of status or socioeconomic background.
NCHC is a 501(c)3 Federally Qualified Health Center serving the underinsured/uninsured residents of Norwalk. We have a patient base of over 13,000 generating over 52,000 visits each year since opening April 12, 1999. We offer continuity of primary care in Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, and OB/GYN, as well as clinics such as pulmonology and endocrinology. We also provide adult and pediatric dental care and behavioral health for children, teens, families and individuals and free wellness programs for our patients and community outreach. Our integrated health team approach focuses on the wellbeing of each of patients and their families. Our health center is ranked in the top 10% of all health centers nationwide (1,400 health centers) for the quality of care we provide. In addition to our flagship facility, our Medical Mobile Unit goes into the community to serve those who can't get to our offices and those who might otherwise fall through the cracks. We also opened a second, smaller facilities in fall of 2020 at the Smilow Life Center, 55 Chestnut St, South Norwalk to provide improved access to residents of that neighborhood.
We also provide covid19 testing
120 Connecticut AveNorwalk, CT 06854
September 21, 2023
- Resource Development / Management
- Community Outreach
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Event Planning / Management
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monthly meetings zoom or hybrid for 1.5 hours & as needed by phone, email, zoom or on site for special events;
- Team players with a sense of humor and passion for removing barriers to healthcare for men, women and children.