Mahogany Youth Corporation (MYC) is looking for an experienced Grant Writer, who will be primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to persuasively communicate MYC's mission and programs to potential funders.
This is a great opportunity to work with a passionate, community-based, youth-focused non-profit organization!
We have been active in South Florida for 25 years, empowering at-risk, inner city youth to expand their possibilities through outdoor activities. We introduce primarily middle school and high school-aged children to sports fishing, swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving and safe boating through teaching them to fish and enjoy the outdoors. We have helped over 10,000 youth develop life skills and tools that help them resist drugs and gang violence while staying in school, improving self-esteem, and achieving solid future goals.
You will work individually but have support from MYC staff to ensure you get the materials needed to put together a successful grant application.
- Develop, write, and submit LOIs, proposals, and reports to foundations/corporations
- Identify new institutional funding sources that increase and diversify MYC’s funding base
- Maintain calendar of proposal and report submissions using simple grant tracker
- Steward relationships with foundation/corporate staff related to grant funding, including prompt follow-up to all inquiries and other communications
- Research new foundation/corporate funding sources to support current and new initiatives
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to describe complex concepts or programs in concise yet impactful terms
- A minimum two years of foundation/corporate grant writing experience or equivalent education
- Track record securing funding from foundations/corporations leading to six-figure grants
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple long and short term projects
If interested please email your cover letter and resume along with a successful past proposal to MYC Project Manager Veronica Mills firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- flexible, in response to grant writing needs