Do you love animals? Do you have a good eye and take pictures that can tell a story? Are you interested in hearing stories with a happy ending? Do you have your own transportation? If so, a success story case worker volunteer position with BirchBark Foundation may be the one for you!
BirchBark Foundation saves numerous cats and dogs throughout the year and needs a tenacious success story case worker to follow up with our financial assistance grant recipients.
We seek a talented volunteer who is able to take beautiful pictures of the pets we save and the families they live with. We need you to go to them, listen to the stories of how the pet came into their lives, what happened to the pet that led to BirchBark’s help and the happy outcomes. Then help us craft the story to let the world know about the good work we do and the happy outcomes. As a volunteer, you will get to work with staff and other volunteers to help us raise funds and awareness for the work that we do.
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves, loves, loves pets, creative and thoughtful when interacting with our grant recipients and enjoys building relationships.
What You Will Do:
- Call and schedule meetings with BirchBark grant recipients
- Take pictures of the pet that was assisted and the individual/family that received support.
- Conduct a short interview to learn about the relationship between the pet & family, the incident that required BBF support and the outcome.
- Create compelling narratives from the interviews or work with staff to develop the notes you took.
Some qualities you should possess:
- Strong communication skills and easily able to build rapport with others.
- Good writing skills.
- Proficient with a camera.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Interest in animal welfare, pet health education, and generally socially conscious individual
- Have own transportation
- People Skills
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Must have own transportaion