The Adult Education Tutor will work with adults who are preparing for the G.E.D. This individual will plan and conduct lessons keyed to your learners’ specific needs, interests and goals. The areas of interest usually include Mathmatics and English. The Adult Education Tutor must have excellent knowledge of the topic she or he is teaching. The volunteer must be patient, able to clearly communicate with the client, and able to use a variety of teaching methods to help the client understand the material. Contact us if this opportunity is right for you.
- Literacy / Reading
- Basic Computer Skills
- Adult Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- March 2017 VISTAs at Our House
- Volunteer Evening Children's...
- Volunteer Health and Wellness...
- Volunteer Education Tutor
- Volunteer Computer 101 Instructor
- Childcare volunteers needed at...
- Event Childcare Aide
- Volunteer Financial Education...
- Become an Afterschool Homework...
- Little Learners classroom aides...
- A VISTA Leader at Our House
- Volunteer Employment Skills...