Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Cornerstone Hospice. Please complete the enclosed volunteer application and send it back to me. Three references, to whom you are not related, with their complete addresses and phone numbers are needed. The references do not need to be local.
All volunteers are required to attend an 8-hour Volunteer Training Course. The training will give you and overview of Cornerstone Hospice and the volunteer opportunities. There will also be future trainings for ancillary programs such as Vigil, Pet Peace of Mind, Cornerstone Salutes!, Email me if you wish to attend training.
For the protection and safety of the volunteers, the patients and their loved ones, the tuberculosis screening test (TST) will be required for all volunteers with direct patient care. This will be administered during the volunteer training course, free of charge. If you previously tested positive for the current test indicates positive, a follow-up x-ray will be required. If you have had a recent TST or chest x-ray, please bring a copy of your results for your file.
A level 2 background screening which includes fingerprinting is also required for all volunteers with direct patient care.
I look forward to meeting you and having you as part of the Cornerstone Hospice team. The team includes all volunteers, whether they work directly with patients or in our offices or other areas. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call me at 407-514-8205 or toll free at 888-728-6234. If I’m not at my desk, please leave a message and I’ll return your call as soon as possible.
- Office Reception
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Needed Veteran Volunteers to...
- Become a Life Enrichment Volunteer
- Share your Love for Sewing
- Pet Therapy/Companionship
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Would you like to give back by...
- We need you and your Fur Baby!
- Become a Hospice Volunteer at...
- Baby Boomers Needed in Osceola...
- Veterans Helping Veterans
- Do you love animals? Do you love...
- Be the Compassion your Community...
- Administrative Volunteers...
- Looking for a way to give back...
- Assisted Living Facility |...
- Share your Skills as a Massage...
- Do you enjoy helping others?...