Finance / Accounting Professional (CPA), Civil Air Patrol, “Citizens Serving Communities”
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where3976 Constitution AvenueCivil Air Patrol Squadron 150Joint Forces Training Base - Los AlamitosLos Alamitos, CA 90720
Squadron 150 is seeking volunteers to become part of our all volunteer member supported 501(c)(3) non-profit organization chartered by Congress to be the US Air Force Auxiliary.
Do you have a desire to volunteer and serve your community a few evenings per month? Do you have an interest in becoming part of a Search & Rescue organization that saves numerous lives every year throughout Southern California and the United States? As a volunteer with the Civil Air Patrol you can participate in Search and Rescue (SAR) missions, Search and Rescue training exercises (SAREX’s), and disaster relief efforts as part of the Auxiliary to the United States Air Force. The Civil Air Patrol also participates with other disaster relief and governmental organizations such as the Department of Homeland Security, DoD, FEMA and Cal EMA office of emergency services.
Squadron 150 is constantly training and preparing their members for the skills necessary to provide emergency services to the public in a time of need. While the central focal point of our effort is training and preparation of aircrew for the California Wing fleet, there are many roles available to non-flying members such as radio communications, logistics, planning, and mission staff participation.
Long Beach Squadron 150 of the Civil Air Patrol is seeking a Finance / Accounting professional to become part of our all volunteer member supported 501(c)(3) non-profit organization chartered by Congress to be the US Air Force Auxiliary.
The Financial Manager will:
* Successfully manage the unit Finance program
* Ensure internal accounting controls are adequate
* Monitor unit funds to ensure sufficient monies are available to meet unit expenses
* Forward copies of deposit slips and backup deposit information to wing HQ within 7 days of the deposit
* Ensure that unit receivables, including member flying, are collected in a timely manner
* Verify that all expense transactions are approved properly
* Verify that income and expenses recorded at wing HQ are accurate and resolve any discrepancies
* Verify required unit financial management forms are complete, current and forwarded to wing HQ in accordance with established guidelines
* Maintain a current list of approvers with signatures and forward to wing HQ
* Ensure the unit commander signs and returns to wing HQ the annual Financial Disclosure Statement by 1 November
* Determine whether meeting facilities are contributed facilities or fixed assets and complete the annual worksheet for the national audit
* Ensure fundraising activities are approved properly, accurately accounted for and reports are filed with wing HQ
* Serve as a member of the unit finance committee
* Make sure the finance committee meets at least quarterly and minutes are recorded documenting necessary expense approvals over the current limit
* Assist the finance committee in developing and maintaining a balanced budget and forward to wing HQ annually
* Provide copies of reports received from wing HQ to the finance committee in a timely manner
* Other FM related duties as required
The Long Beach Squadron of the California Wing is comprised completely of adult members and meets at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training base every Thursday evening at 7:30 PM.
Veterans and disabled veterans are encouraged to join.
Applicants please contact: email@example.com
**CITIZENS SERVING COMMUNITIES--COME AND SERVE YOUR COMMUNITY AND YOUR COUNTRY **
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Squadron 150 meets every Thursday at 7:30 pm
- Must become a member and maintain membership in the Civil Air Patrol