In the 18th century, Rocky Woods was common land the Town of Medfield later divided into woodlots and parceled out to residents. Currently, The Trustees is seeking Nature Based Educators who would like to share their knowledge with our visitors on a variety of subjects. Do you have a special interest in a particular natural or environmental topic? Maybe your expertise is ornithology, astronomy or botany? Help our visitors develop an appreciation for wildlife conservation and teach them while enjoying a day in nature!
* Provide an excellent experience for members, visitors, and their families
* Work independently or as a team with other volunteers and staff
* Educate visitors about the Trustees and Rocky Woods
* Occasionally lead small programs or hikes with guests
* Log volunteer hours
* Interest in talking to and working with the public
* Friendly and polite demeanor
* Background in teaching or environmental studies a plus
* Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
Flexible hours; minimum 3 month commitment preferred
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
- People Skills
- Habitat Restoration
- Public Speaking
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- under 18 requires adult supervision
- 3 month commitment preferred
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Kitchen Assistant - Powisset Farm
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- BNAN Community Garden Archive...
- Appleton Family Scanning Project...
- Communications Intern - Bradley...
- Communications Outreach...
- Children's Public Program...
- For a Song - Powisset Farm
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Mission House Collections...
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...
- Habitat Restoration - Copicut...
- Allen C. Haskell Papers...