Company Info Women of Color on the Move is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to helping women succeed and soar in their many responsibilities to themselves, their families and their community. Women of Color on the Move seeks to empower women of color by offering the tools necessary to succeed as individuals and within their family units. Women of Color on the Move works to improve the health and lives of women, their families, and their children.
Social Media Assistant (Volunteer)
This is an unpaid volunteer position. Women of Color on the Move asks for a weekly commitment, however, as the position is dealing with social media, most work can be done remotely. Women of Color on the Move will work with the volunteer's schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Social Media Assistant will assist with creating and maintaining a strong online presence for the organization. He/She will assist with implementing Women of Color on the Move online marketing strategies through social media accounts. The Social Media Assistant will develop original content and suggest creative ways to promote the organization and increase web traffic/social media presence.
Specific responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends
- Create engaging text, image and video content
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around Women of Color on the Move programs and events
- Measure web traffic and monitor SEO
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Facilitate online conversations with the public and respond to questions/requests
- Report on online reviews and feedback from customers and fans
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and public engagement metrics
- Oversee social media accounts’ layout
- Other duties as necessary and related
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate or above knowledge of MS Office
- High school diploma
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Expertise with multiple social media platforms including, but not limited to, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Multitasking and analytical skills
Skills and Experience Preferred (but not required)
- Associate’s degree or current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Marketing, New Media, Public Relations, Business or relevant field
- Prior marketing or social media related work experience
- In-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
This is an unpaid volunteer position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the volunteer is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The volunteer must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment