The Housing and Homelessness Department is looking for tutors to help K-8 students temporarily housed at the Town Line Inn achieve their educational goals. This opportunity will allow individuals interested in the field of education to gain hands-on experience.
- Help students complete homework assignments, essays, and take-home projects
- Encourage literacy development and improvement through grammar explanations, vocabulary games, and other activities
- Help students comprehend subject material and provide support and assistance in any problem areas students may have
- Assess the educational goals of students and make referrals where appropriate
- Develop positive relationships with students
- Perform other related duties
Skills & Qualifications:
Demonstrated knowledge in one or more academic subject areas required. Must have basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional organizational skills required. Must have the ability to motivate and inspire. Interest and belief in urban education and students required. Must be able to work sensitively and effectively with youth of diverse ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- M, W, R 3:00-6:00 pm. At least 1 shift per week.
- Computer Instructor Volunteer
- Campaign Volunteer
- Video Editing Intern
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- Food Pantry Volunteer
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Housing Search Intern
- Youth Academy Club Leader
- Intake Assistant Interns
- Senior Programs Intern
- Youth Academy Enrichment Class...
- Data Entry Intern/Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- GATE PROGRAM AMBASSADORS
- Family Services Interns
- Housing Resource Support Volunteer
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Future Protectors Initiative...
- Community Planning and Research...