Family Services’ Project HEARTH (Helping Elderly Adults Remain in Their Homes) is in need of dedicated volunteers to work with seniors living in the greater Norristown, greater Pottstown, and North Penn areas. Created in 1994, Family Services’ Project HEARTH links elderly adults who are healthy enough to live in their own homes with special support services that help them to remain independent.
Volunteers must enjoy working with seniors and will offer compassion and companionship.
A volunteer can call a home-bound or isolated senior to check in on them and provide friendly conversation from the comfort of their home. Calls can be made daily, a few times a week, or weekly depending on the availability of the volunteer and need of the senior. While this is a telephone-based volunteer opportunity, we do ask that volunteers are located in the greater Philadelphia metropolitan area.
- Elder care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Project HEARTH - Friendly Visitor
- Project HEARTH - Handyman
- Project HEARTH - Yard Work
- Project HEARTH - Administrative...
- Project HEARTH - Cleaning/Laundry
- Project HEARTH - Correspondence
- Help seniors remain independent...
- Telephone Reassurance (Project...
- Project HEARTH - Errand Volunteer
- Project HEARTH - Driver Escort
- Project HEARTH - Telephone...