Family Services’ Project HEARTH (Helping Elderly Adults Remain in Their Homes) is in need of dedicated volunteers to work with seniors living in the greater Norristown, greater Pottstown, and North Penn areas. Created in 1994, Family Services’ Project HEARTH links elderly adults who are healthy enough to live in their own homes with special support services that help them to remain independent.
Volunteers must enjoy working with seniors and will offer compassion and companionship.
A Volunteer can call a lonely senior to check in on them and provide friendly conversation from the comfort of their home. Calls can be made a few times a month depending on the availability of the volunteer and need of the senior.
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Friendly Visitor - Project HEARTH
- Handyman for Senior Citizens -...
- Yard Work for Senior Citizens -...
- Cleaning/Laundry Assistance for...
- Correspondence Assistance -...
- Help seniors remain independent...
- Friendly Phone Calls (Project...
- Errand Volunteer - Project HEARTH
- Driver Escort - Project HEARTH
- Telephone Reassurance - Project...