Family Services’ Project HEARTH (Helping Elderly Adults Remain in Their Homes) is in need of dedicated volunteers to work with seniors living in the greater Norristown, greater Pottstown, and North Penn areas. Created in 1994, Family Services’ Project HEARTH links elderly adults who are healthy enough to live in their own homes with special support services that help them to remain independent.
Volunteers must enjoy working with seniors and will offer compassion and companionship. Volunteer drivers must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
Volunteers who enjoy do-it-yourself projects can provide some hands-on work for frail seniors. This can be very rewarding to those who can perform minor repairs around the home. These type of projects can be something as simple as changing a light bulb or batteries in smoke detectors to painting, minor plumbing, light carpentry, etc. Seniors are responsible for providing the materials for the project, though a volunteer may need to purchase the materials for the project with the senior’s money. Volunteers can choose the projects they feel most comfortable with. Projects are completed based on the volunteer’s schedule and availability.
- Elder care
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Project HEARTH - Friendly Visitor
- Project HEARTH - Handyman
- Project HEARTH - Yard Work
- Project HEARTH - Administrative...
- Project HEARTH - Cleaning/Laundry
- Project HEARTH - Correspondence
- Help seniors remain independent...
- Telephone Reassurance (Project...
- Project HEARTH - Errand Volunteer
- Project HEARTH - Driver Escort
- Project HEARTH - Telephone...