Family Services’ Project HEARTH (Helping Elderly Adults Remain in Their Homes) is in need of dedicated volunteers to work with seniors living in the greater Norristown, greater Pottstown, and North Penn areas. Created in 1994, Family Services’ Project HEARTH links elderly adults who are healthy enough to live in their own homes with special support services that help them to remain independent.
Volunteers must enjoy working with seniors and will offer compassion and companionship. Volunteer drivers must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
Volunteers would help seniors with their paperwork (ex. paying bills, writing letters, organizing paperwork, filling out applications, etc.). These activities take place at the senior’s home at a time that is convenient for both parties and based on their schedule and availability.
- Elder care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Project HEARTH - Friendly Visitor
- Project HEARTH - Handyman
- Project HEARTH - Yard Work
- Project HEARTH - Administrative...
- Project HEARTH - Cleaning/Laundry
- Project HEARTH - Correspondence
- Help seniors remain independent...
- Telephone Reassurance (Project...
- Project HEARTH - Errand Volunteer
- Project HEARTH - Driver Escort
- Project HEARTH - Telephone...