Hospice Volunteers needed in Denver County
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
79 people are interested
Encompass Hospice is looking for compassionate people who want to provide friendship, companionship, spiritual and emotional support to people nearing the end of their lives and their families. We will provide you with all the training and support you could ever need, and work with you to give back to our hospice patient's and their families. We have opportunities to work with patients, or to provide support to the bereaved. If bedside care is not your strength we also have a great office team who always needs assistance with a wide variety of tasks. Please contact Volunteer Coordinator at 303-940-9999 (office) . I would love to meet with you and share more about our agency and the amazing work we do! We are one of Fortune Magazine's Top Places to Work for 2016, so come hear more!
About Encompass Hospice
1355 South Colorado Blvd. Bldg. C; Suite 604, Denver, CO 80222, US
To provide a Physician-based standard of care in Hospice that serves all people with the utmost dignity and Honor.
Our compassionate end-of-life care is provided in the patient’s home, whether that is a home address, nursing home, assisted living community, independent living community or other location. It focuses on the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of both the individual patient and our patients’ loved ones: caregivers, spouses, children, extended family and friends.
We emphasize dignity and peace, controlling pain and other symptoms so the patient can remain as alert and comfortable as possible. Our medical social workers help the family understand and cope with loss; we can also call upon non-denominational chaplains to provide additional spiritual support and grief counseling.
- Assists the patient with the emotional and psychological aspects of dying
- Assertively manages the patient’s pain and symptoms with the goal of minimizing or eliminating pain and discomfort
- Provides medications related to the illness for symptom control and pain relief
- Provides necessary equipment such as a hospital bed, wheelchair, walker and oxygen
- Provides spiritual care support through experienced chaplains and social workers
- Teaches families about how to care for the patient
- Delivers special services like dietary, speech and physical therapy
- Makes short-term inpatient care available when pain or symptoms become too difficult to manage at - home, or if the caregiver needs respite
- Offers volunteers for companionship and support
We'll work with your schedule.
Denver Metro AreaDenver, CO 80203
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
- Spiritual Healing
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours or more per month.
- Hospice Volunteer Training, TB Test, Drug screen, Ongoing Training