Position Description: The Volunteer Coordinator is a leadership role and the individual will be an ambassador of the MPA organization, creating a community - both internal and external - that emphasizes the important work we do for the special animals we serve and how each volunteer’s active involvement helps us achieve more for more precious lives. The Volunteer Coordinator must enjoy working with and speaking to people as well as cultivating and developing the talents of others!
The Volunteer Coordinator will:
- meet with all new volunteers individually to discuss their goals and skill sets and develop a plan together to achieve those goals and for each volunteers’ active contribution and involvement serving the rescued animals of Milwaukee Pets Alive (MPA) and furthering the mission of the organization.
- communicate with the entire volunteer base regularly through a combination of electronic and in-person dialogues to answer questions and make sure all volunteers are staying actively engaged, participating regularly, and appreciated for their hard work!
- ensure all pleas for volunteer help needed for marketing and fundraising events are filled at least 1 week prior to event.
- participate in once-a-month all-volunteer meetings.
- process volunteer applications and engage qualified candidates in a timely manner to get them actively working towards furthering the organizational mission.
- as a leadership role, the Volunteer Coordinator will also participate in once-a-month Leadership meetings with Team Leads and Director.
Looking for a motivated, self-starter with initiative and drive and the ability to work independently to work hard in this role for the special animals of our Milwaukee community who are counting on us to save their lives!
- People Skills
- Resource Development / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training