About Minnesota Children's Museum
Minnesota Children’s Museum’s mission is sparking children’s learning through play. We are dedicated to providing children with a hands-on and stimulating environment to explore and discover. With locations in St. Paul, Rochester, and the Mall of America, MCM employs 65 full-time and 65 part-time employees and engages over 1,300 volunteers annually. At MCM our workplace values that guide how we work together are: Play, Include, Grow, Serve and Strive.
Minnesota Children's Museum is dedicated to growing a diverse and culturally competent team of highly engaged staff and volunteers. Applicants from diverse populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minnesota Children's Museum’s impact is strengthened through community members sharing their time and talents across the organization. Our volunteers create a happier, healthier, and more innovative community through the radiant power of play. This position is responsible for a variety of aspects of volunteer management including recruiting and screening, maintaining volunteer records, providing recognition, and ongoing communication via social media sites with current volunteers. This internship will also assist with volunteer orientation and training, as well as program research. As the Museum prepares for its post-renovation reopening in April 2017, the intern will also assist Events and Volunteer Services staff in coordinating event volunteers.
Major Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in this internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of the Volunteer Services staff.
* Assist with recruitment for available volunteer positions.
o Post available positions on numerous websites
o Utilize Volgistics database to track new applicants
o Maintain a volunteer recruitment contacts roster
o Attend recruitment fairs as needed
o Use the telephone to screen new applicants
* Use social media as a communication and recruitment tool. Create content and collect analytics.
* Assist with orientation, training and recognition events.
* Assist in coordinating event volunteers.
* Conduct research related to recruitment and/or other topics related to volunteer management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Some formal education in related field (Human Resources, Management, Communications, Liberal Arts, etc.)
2. Previous volunteer experience - strong advocate of volunteerism preferred.
3. Social media experience with major platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
4. Ability to organize time and work independently, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner.
5. Experience in coordinating tasks and projects.
6. Excellent written and verbal and interpersonal skills.
7. Computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office applications. Database management experience is a plus.
8. Ability to work well with people of all ages and backgrounds.
Apply online at www.mcm.org/internships. Submit an online application, cover letter, and resume. Applications are not complete until all three materials are submitted.
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Assistance
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-12 hours/week
- Integrated Marketing...
- Sewing Repair Tech
- Museum Programs Coordination...
- Integrated Communications Intern
- Recruitment and Onboarding Intern
- Data & Demographics Intern
- Integrated Marketing Intern
- Teaching Artist Video Intern
- Volunteer Services Intern
- Exhibit Fabrication Intern
- Membership and Sales Intern
- Fundraising Events Intern
- Museum Operations Intern
- Youth Development Intern