About Minnesota Children's Museum
Minnesota Children’s Museum’s mission is sparking children’s learning through play. We are dedicated to providing children with a hands-on and stimulating environment to explore and discover. With locations in St. Paul, Rochester, and the Mall of America, MCM employs 65 full-time and 65 part-time employees and engages over 1,300 volunteers annually. At MCM our workplace values that guide how we work together are: Play, Include, Grow, Serve and Strive.
Minnesota Children's Museum is dedicated to growing a diverse and culturally competent team of highly engaged staff and volunteers. Applicants from diverse populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible to work on a variety of projects including: Assist with data collection and analysis of trends in attendance and sales of earned revenue programs, market research, and demographic trends of the Museum visitor.
The winter/spring internship will work on the following projects:
weekly reports in regards to attendance and sales trends
aid in maintaining Play for All demographic on-going reporting and mid-year report
maintain average Museum visitor profiles by program
aid in tracking and maintaining data on Membership in preparation for the newly renovated museum.
Major Job Accountabilities
The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of the Membership and Sales department.
Data collection and analysis in regards to attendance, sales, market demographics and other business metrics using Galaxy Ticketing System, excel, pivot tables, and Survey Monkey.
Gather, maintain, and provide timely and cumulative tracking reports.
Research and trend tracking in regards to current Museum and cultural organizations best practices, price and service comparisons and innovative ideas for growth potential.
Package relevant data analysis and research into an easily understood presentation format, including PowerPoint’s, excel charts, word documents and use of the graphic designer as needed.
Update staff and interns in processes and current status of tasks to create continuous line of communication and work flow. Instruct future interns when possible to aid in training process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Formal education in related field such as marketing, communication, business
2. Ability to organize time and work independently, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner.
3. Skill in coordinating tasks and projects.
4. Computer skills, including word processing.
5. Ability to work well with people.
6. Excellent analytical thinking skills.
7. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel.
8. Previous knowledge of Survey Monkey and Raiser’s Edge helpful.
9. Self-starter, able to take initiative.
Apply online at www.mcm.org/internships . Submit an online application, cover letter, and resume. Applications are not complete until all three materials are submitted.
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-12 Hours/week
- Integrated Marketing...
- Sewing Repair Tech
- Museum Programs Coordination...
- Integrated Communications Intern
- Recruitment and Onboarding Intern
- Data & Demographics Intern
- Integrated Marketing Intern
- Teaching Artist Video Intern
- Volunteer Services Intern
- Exhibit Fabrication Intern
- Membership and Sales Intern
- Fundraising Events Intern
- Museum Operations Intern
- Youth Development Intern