Program Proposal Writer
Young [E]nnovative Leaders of Liberia (YELL) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that promotes the Liberian culture here in Chicago. While promoting the Liberian culture, YELL mission is to Inspire, Support, Educate, and Guide young Liberians living in the U.S. and Liberia by establishing and implementing programs geared toward national and personal growth. YELL believes in the ability of young people and active participation as a catalyst to facilitate young people and help create a future where they can contribute to society and show exemplary leadership. We achieve this vision through partnering with local community organizations, young professionals who are passionate about changing the norm of leadership within their local communities and in Liberia. To find out more about YELL, please see www.yell4liberia.org
- Directly impact YELL's efforts to fund education-linked tasks that enhance knowledge and provide opportunities for hundreds of kids in Chicago’s Bronzeville community.
- Calls for the development of proposals for individual years and that will help make YELL carry out it’s vision
- Prospecting potential funding sources through the web, Foundation Directory Online, and existing prospects in the organization’s database.
- Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run by majority volunteers
- Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high-growth nonprofit organization
- Build your resume and gain references for future work chances
- The opportunity to ferment from the solace of your own house
- Strong writing and research skills
- Experience with budgets a plus
- Self-starter and motivator, with a solid work ethic
- Professional behavior and strong communication and relationship skills
- Ability to put across effectively with people at all stages
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Passionate about Asante Africa Foundation’s mission
- Experience living or working internationally a plus
Must be able to commit approximately 10 hours per week. Virtual or in-office placement. This is a volunteer, unpaid position.
How does this apply to you:
E-mail a brief cover letter outlining why you would be a well fit for YELL’s volunteer opportunity and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Grant Writer Volunteer" in the subject line.
**This is an entrance level position ideal for undergraduate students willing to establish skills in public health, pedagogy, social science, arts, business development and public policy**
- Grant Writing / Research
Right Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours per week
- Financial Literacy
- Professional Development
- General Education
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 10 per week