The Trustees is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist with programming events within the kitchen at Powisset Farm in Dover. Kitchen Assistants are integral in ensuring a positive experience for program participants. Kitchen Assistants will have the opportunity to assist the program leader with prep work, serving, and clean up. Schedules are flexible, with events occurring usually in the evenings and on weekends. No experience is necessary but we would prefer a minimum 3 month commitment.
* Greet participants and visitors, and hand out materials
* Maintain working and conversational knowledge of The Trustees, engage visitors in informal food-related activities
* Be versed in Trustees membership and benefits
* Prepare the kitchen for cooking classes including setting up work space and providing participants with necessary equipment and utensils
* Assist and support chef/instructor during classes or demonstrations, including aiding and observing participants, ensuring proper use of equipment, preparing materials per chef or staff instructions.
* Some programs may have hands-on work including preparing, plating, and serving food, both cold and hot dishes
* Clean the kitchen following a program including washing dishes and cookware (if used)
* Log volunteer hours weekly
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Friendly, outgoing, customer service oriented
* Organized and flexible
* Observant and comfortable in front of an audience
* Comfortable adapting to a variety of tasks based on the programming topic
* Excited to publicly represent the mission of The Trustees
* Familiarity with kitchen equipment helpful but not necessary
* Physical abilities require continuous standing, walking, bending, reaching, and carrying loads between 15-50 lbs.; occasional climbing, stooping, twisting and fine manipulation; occasional environmental exposure to cold, heat and water; rare exposure to dust and fumes
Time Commitment Needed:
Flexible hours; minimum 3 month commitment preferred
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- People Skills
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible days, evenings, weekends
- Prefer 3 month commitment
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Kitchen Assistant - Powisset Farm
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Farm Educator Volunteer -...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Drop-In Tuesday Gardening -...
- Spring Barnyard Clean-up - Weir...
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- National Public Gardens Day -...
- Friday Community Garden...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Assistant Wrangler Volunteer -...
- Children's Public Program...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- For a Song - Powisset Farm
- Puppy Patrol Ambassador -...
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...
- Greenhouse Assistant Volunteer -...