Eden Housing is seeking a Financial Coach volunteer to provide one-on-one financial education to our low-income residents experiencing financial challenges. The coach will give back to the community by making an impactful contribution to low-income families by helping them to develop strategies to reduce debt, improve credit and build long-term financial sustainability.
The Financial Coach will be trained, matched with a client, and then shall:
- Coordinate coaching sessions with residents on an as needed basis.
- Utilize motivational interviewing as a focal point to build an effective partnership with residents that respects their own financial knowledge and personal values surrounding money.
- Deliver financial empowerment to enhance the residents’ financial literacy and confidence in handling future financial challenges.
- Guide residents’ on their financial journey by offering varied tools and approaches for goal-setting and better money management.
- Participate in financial workshops, coach training and ongoing check-in with supervisor.
- Passion for working with underserved populations
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate an understanding and sensitivity to the unique needs of economically vulnerable family members
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively with families from diverse racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Ability to successfully complete a background check
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Must be able to commit to 3 months
- Must have reliable transportation for traveling to residents’ home
- Students encouraged to apply
- Utilize "Your Money, Your Goals"’ financial strategies to assist clients in achieving their short-term and long-term financial goals
- Deliver focused-based financial coaching that promotes behavior change such as budgeting, tracking expenses and dealing with debt
- Apply "LSS Counseling" coaching techniques to engage clients
- Create and maintain confidentiality, client files and documents to monitor client progress and program outcomes
- Conduct intake interviews to discover client's’ current financial standing and identified needs
- Encourage residents to attend financial literacy workshops
- Participate in ongoing communication with supervisor detailing challenges, concerns, and alternate topics used for professional development
The financial coach volunteer will explore new career options and network with leaders in the area. Receive professional experience and training to enhance marketability. Improve creative and problem-solving abilities. Establish new friendships and affliations with different organizations. Expand financial knowledge through workshop training and application. Have fun giving back to the community by sharing their skills with others.
- Financial Planning
- Teaching / Instruction
- Financial Service Assistance
- Financial Literacy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Twice a month for three months
- Community gardening
- Tutor young learners in our...
- Technology tutor for low-income...
- Help deliver food to low-income...
- Financial Literacy Workshop...
- Interested in helping others...
- Yoga Instructor for low-income...
- Financial Coach
- Interested in helping others...
- Beautify a space
- Share a meal!
- Tutor a young learner in our...