Make a Child's Wish Come True - Wish Granters - Polk County, FL
36 people are interested
Make-a-Wish has a growing number of children, ages 2-1/2 thru age 18 from Polk County, who have been diagnosed with life threatening conditions for whom, we are seeking volunteers to serve as Wish Granters.
- Wish Granters are ordinary people (ages 21+) who will work in teams of two, following background screening & training (1 time event good for 3 years) can look through the database of Polk children and select 1 to 3 of them, living in the zip code of their choices.
- After making the selection the Wish Granters call the family and arrange for a visit, where they will meet the child & family and ask the child what their wish would be.
- Wish Granters have a Staff person assigned to them, to help negotiate the logistics of fulfilling the wish.
- Most of these activities are fully achievable on weekends or evenings.
What a meaningful way to bring joy to these children and their families!
We'll work with your schedule.
Make A WishLakeland, FL 33803
- Child Welfare
- Outdoor Recreation
- Children Medical Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- flexible - varies with each wish
- Volunteers pay $26 for Background Screen fee, which is good for 3 years.