Support students in the Career Lab as they prepare for and search for jobs.
Position Description: TheComputer Lab Assistant helps students during regularly scheduled open lab times. Goodwill Job Training and Education students utilize the lab for the Rosetta Stone language software, job search, homework, and more.
- Staff the open lab during your scheduled shift.
- Help to log the students in and out of our system and Rosetta Stone software. Answer questions regarding Rosetta Stone language software and how it works.
- Assist students with navigating the WorkSource job search resources.
- Help students resolve basic problems in the usage of job search software.
- Roles and responsibilities vary slightly by Job Training and Education Center location.
- Other assignments as needed.
Reports to: Job Training and Education Program staff
Role Requirements & Abilities:
- Previous experience not required, but the ability to learn WorkSource job search resources and Rosetta stone software is essential. Volunteers can spend time familiarizing themselves with the software before they begin volunteering with students.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience working with diverse individuals facing multiple barriers.
- Reliable, punctual and consistent.
- Patient, understanding, and caring.
- Strong listening skills.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Adult Education
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional Development
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 months
- GED math tutor needed!
- Math, reading, and writing tutor...
- Tutors needed for math, reading,...
- GED test prep tutor
- Jewelry Department - small...
- Open Computer Lab Assistant
- Support youth in math, physics...
- Career Lab Assistant - help...
- Lunchtime conversation...
- Instructor's Aide ESOL
- Math + English tutors needed!