56 people are interested
Math Tutors help Teens Succeed - One hour a week (in-person in Arlington, VA)
ORGANIZATION: AHC Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
56 people are interested
AHC, Arlington’s largest developer of affordable housing, holds Teen Tutoring and After School programs during the school year. Volunteers work one on one or with a small groups of students on literacy and math skills, homework and organizational skills.
We are currently looking for volunteers at our Apex location, 2910 S Glebe Road.
Teen hours - 6:20-7:50pm, Tuesday & Thursday - need volunteers who can help with Math 6, Math 7, Algebra, Chemistry OR History
If you are not able to help at the Apex, we have other volunteer needs. AHC's education programs are held IN-PERSON at the seven community centers in Arlington (listed below). After School programs for elementary school students run from 3:00pm-6:00pm Monday- Thursday. Teen tutoring programs are in the evening, sometime between 6:00-8:00pm Monday - Thursday. Volunteers are asked to commit to one day a week for an hour.
If you are interested in volunteering, kindly email us at email@example.com
- Apex Community Center - 2910 S Glebe Rd Arlington VA 22206
- Fort Henry Community Center -- 2470 S. Lowell St, Arlington, VA 22206
- Gates of Ballston Community Center -- 4108 N. 4th St, Arlington, VA 22203
- Harvey Hall Community Center -- 850 S. Greenbrier St, Arlington, VA 22204
- Shelton Community Center - 3215 24th St S, Arlington VA 22206
- Virginia Gardens Community Center -- 1710 S. Taylor St, Arlington, VA 22204
- Woodbury Park/Frederick Community Center -- 2230 N. Fairfax Dr., Arlington, VA 22201
About AHC Inc.
2230 N Fairfax Dr, Suite 100, Arlington, VA 22201, US
AHC Inc.’s purpose is to produce, preserve, manage, advocate for and finance affordable rental and owner-occupied housing. AHC offers educational services to strengthen our residents’ economic and social stability.
AHC Inc. is among the largest developers of affordable and mixed-income housing in the Washington-Baltimore metro region. AHC Inc. has developed nearly 7,000 quality affordable homes to help families and individuals build stable lives and strong futures. We provide homes for more than 18,000 people.
AHC’s Resident Services program supports thousands of children, families and senior citizens through on-site programs. We focus primarily on comprehensive education programs; after school, teen, college & career, and summer camp programs for elementary through high school students. The program also provides programs to help adults strengthen their economic stability and build stronger futures for themselves and their families.
2910 South Glebe RoadArlington, VA 22206
January 9, 2023
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Volunteers are welcomed for an hour a week or more
- Volunteers must be vaccinated for COVID 19 and wear a mask while volunteering.