37 people are interested
Help Teens Succeed - One hour a week (Arlington, VA)
37 people are interested
AHC, Arlington’s largest developer of affordable housing, is looking for volunteers for its Teen Tutoring and After School programs, which run from September - May.
Volunteers work one on one or with a small groups of students on literacy and math skills, homework and reading.
AHC's education programs are held at the seven community centers in Arlington (listed below). We hope to be IN-PERSON this year, following COVID safety protocols. After School programs for elementary school students run from 3:00pm-6:00pm Monday- Thursday. Teen tutoring programs are in the evening, sometime between 5:30-7:30pm Monday - Thursday. Volunteers are asked to commit to one day a week for an hour.
If you are interested in volunteering, kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apex Community Center - 2910 S Glebe Rd Arlington VA 22206
- Fort Henry Community Center -- 2470 S. Lowell St, Arlington, VA 22206
- Gates of Ballston Community Center -- 4108 N. 4th St, Arlington, VA 22203
- Harvey Hall Community Center -- 850 S. Greenbrier St, Arlington, VA 22204
- Shelton Community Center - 3215 24th St S, Arlington VA 22206
- Virginia Gardens Community Center -- 1710 S. Taylor St, Arlington, VA 22204
- Woodbury Park/Frederick Community Center -- 2230 N. Fairfax Dr., Arlington, VA 22201
About AHC Inc.
2230 N Fairfax Dr, Suite 100, Arlington, VA 22201, US
AHC Inc.’s purpose is to produce, preserve, manage, advocate for and finance affordable rental and owner-occupied housing. AHC offers educational services to strengthen our residents’ economic and social stability.
AHC Inc. is among the largest developers of affordable and mixed-income housing in the Washington-Baltimore metro region. AHC Inc. has developed nearly 7,000 quality affordable homes to help families and individuals build stable lives and strong futures. We provide homes for more than 18,000 people.
AHC’s Resident Services program supports thousands of children, families and senior citizens through on-site programs. We focus primarily on comprehensive education programs; after school, teen, college & career, and summer camp programs for elementary through high school students. The program also provides programs to help adults strengthen their economic stability and build stronger futures for themselves and their families.
Multiple locations Arlington, VA 22201
September 25, 2021
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Volunteers are welcomed for an hour a week or more