WhoWhatWhy, an up-and-coming non-profit investigative and analytical news site that specializes in responsibly tackling the many subjects and stories the mainstream media shies away from, is looking for an Business Analyst. We don't promote a partisan angle or push predictable views. We do dig deep, think hard, read a lot of history, ask a lot of questions, steer clear of establishment or consensus journalism, and write up what we find with verve. It's interesting, cool, and meaningful work.
Would you like to get into the growing world of nonprofits and philanthropy? As a Business Analyst, you'll be playing a crucial role in our growth and development. You will be tasked with understanding business change needs, assessing the business impact of those changes, capturing, analyzing and documenting requirements and supporting the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders. Please be aware that this is an unpaid volunteer position. You will find the work gratifying and find your colleagues to be talented and supportive. Please thoroughly and carefully study our site, then show us and tell us why you’d be a good fit.
- Lead the elicitation and documentation of detailed project requirements.
- Work directly with the business subject matter experts (SME's).
- Help communicate complex implementation concepts in an understandable way for other WhoWhatWhy team members.
- Act as the main point of contact for requirements or functional related project questions for all stakeholders.
- Link scope to requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Work with project team to identify and manage risk.
- Assist project managers with scoping, estimation, reporting, and communication as required.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree preferred but not required.
- 0-2 years of experience in a Business Analyst role.
- Experience working on software or process improvement projects.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly quantitative, analytical and business-minded.
- Natural leader with ability to maintain multiple projects without compromising results.
- High energy, can-do attitude with willingness to do what it takes to get things done.
- Deep customer focus and experience with researching and determining customer needs.
- Comfortable working closely with remote teams.
- Business Analysis
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Planning
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Apprentice Reporter
- Volunteer Manager
- Project Manager
- Social Media Content Manager
- Volunteer HR Manager
- HR Recruiter
- Investigate Threats to Democracy
- Apprentice Editor
- Marketing Representative
- HR Assistant (New York Base Only)
- Join Our Editorial Operations Team
- Recruiter with experience in...
- JFK Assassination Records...
- Business Analyst
- Social Media Marketing Strategist
- Operations Manager
- Experience Like No Other —...