Change for Kids (CFK) seeks a part-time Evaluation Intern/Volunteerto join our team and immediately take ownership of the projects he or she is given. The Education Intern/Volunteer will be responsible for supporting CFK's evaluation initiatives with regards to collection, entry, analysis, and presentation of data as well as other projects in the Education department as needed.
Change for Kids seeks an Education Intern meeting the following criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in conducting data extraction, cleaning, management, manipulation, and analysis for projects
- Advanced skills in manipulating and analyzing data using Microsoft Excel or Google apps (e.g. Forms, Fusion) and at least one statistical software package, such as SPSS, Stata, or R
- Experience working with large data sets
- Sound knowledge of mathematical principles and statistics for program evaluation
- A data enthusiast with a strong desire to grow and to carry out completion of tasks with maximum accuracy and efficiency
- A critical thinker who takes a creative, proactive approach to thoroughly investigating and resolving issues
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills
- Organized, flexible, and detail-oriented teammate who works well independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Avid interest in building education research and evaluation experience
The Education Intern will work with the Director of Education and Evaluator to:
- Help with program data collection as well as general educational research
- Input, merge, manipulate, summarize, and analyze data
- Create infographics that present discoveries from data analysis in aesthetically pleasing and easily digestible forms for diverse audiences
- Utilize advanced features in Microsoft Excel to maximize efficiency in conducting quantitative analysis, including formulas, pivot tables, v-lookups, and macros
- Assist in improvement and administration of data collection tools
- Create, troubleshoot issues, with and provide feedback on data reports as needed
- Perform administrative duties and other projects for education and evaluation efforts as needed
- Respond to inquiries in a timely and effective manner
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual who can join our small, busy team, and immediately take ownership of the projects he or she is given. This internship is a rigorous, hands-on opportunity that requires a minimum 8-week commitment. By the end of this placement, the intern will have helped in the data collection and assessment of CFK programs and partnerships, while gaining educational research and data analysis experience at a rapidly growing organization.
Candidates will ideally have completed graduate work or are in the process of completing graduate work in fields that have a heavy focus on quantitative data analysis. Related majors include Quantitative Methods, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, or Public Health. Undergraduates in their junior or senior year who have a background in the qualification areas outlined in this description will also be considered.
Schedule: The candidate would be expected to work atCFK's office within CFK's hours of operation (Monday-Friday, 9-5) for a minimum of 10 hours over the span of two days or more weekly.
This is an unpaid position. CFK will gladly support your efforts in securing credit from your school.
- Business Analysis
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours/wk, flexible schedule