BGCM! (Because God Chose Me!) Community Center & Sportsplex, is a 501c3 nonprofit academic, arts & athletic center for youth & families founded on Christian principles, and is dedicated to instilling in each member that they have been specifically chosen by God to do magnificent things! We specialize in improving the self esteem of youth and families in surrounding suburban as well as underrepresented and underprivileged communities. We promote integrity and stewardship, and offer an innovative opportunity to train, excel, and compete academically, artistically, and athletically.
We are seeking a SUPER FANTASTIC employees who will produce work that will directly affect the growth of our organization while also gaining experience in areas which are important to you.
Benefits of working with BGCM:
* Gain professional work experience, while also meeting personal/professional goals.
* Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a global impact.
* Learn about the industry from all levels of BGCM management.
* Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment.
* For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements.
* Room for growth is available.
* Facilitate recruiting process, contacting college career centers and guidance counselors, utilizing career websites.
* Pre-screen applicants over the phone and schedule interviews.
* Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicant, analyzing responses and verifying references.
* Facilitate the hiring and on boarding of new staff members including the communication of job offers. Create and update policies and procedures.
* Coordinate training schedules for new staff members and ensure all staff has and signs off on the receipt of all policies and procedures.
* Meet with new staff members to review HR policies and Handbook.
* Work with appropriate executive staff to determine placement of new staff members.
* Work closely with executive staff to keep policy and HR procedure up to date.
* Represent BGCM by communicating professionally at all times.
* Provide a high level of customer service by way of personal attention, follow through, and detail orientation.
* Exhibit unquestionable integrity and ethics in discharging duties and responsibilities at all times.
CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE TO OUR SUMMER CAMP LOCATION IN MARLBORO, NJ.
- THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP.
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED. WE WILL NOT CONSIDER YOUR RESUME IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AND SEND A RESUME AND COVER LETTER NO EXCEPTIONS. RESUMES AND COVER LETTERS MUST ALSO BE SUBMITTED TO CHOSEN@BGCME.ORG, and applicants MUST visit www.bgcme.org to learn more about our organization in preparation for an interview.
- Management and Interviewing Experience.
- Strong analytical, organizational and auditing skills required.
- Ability to work flexible hours from time to time.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate MUST work proficiently with a great level of autonomy.
- Must be available for an interview this week.
- Must be assertive.
- Must have experience and demonstrated success in a professional setting.
- Must have outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, and excellent computer skills.
- Must have educational training in Human Resources or another related field.
- Must have a passion for youth and a heart to serve.
- Must be independent, open-minded, enthusiastic, adaptable, and must be able to work in a team environment, independently, and with a great deal of autonomy.
- Must welcome new challenges, come up with fresh ideas and future focus, and be able to work in a fast paced environment in a deadline-oriented environment.
- HR Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and above, preferably in Human Resources
- Detail Oriented
- Self motivated and highly responsible
Good Match For
Kids Teens Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Event...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Senior Grant...
- Girls Who Code Instructor -...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Human...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Creative Arts...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Research...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Site Manager
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Social Media...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR SUMMER-...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: STEM...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Literacy...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Assistant to...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Tutors...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Health Care...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Behavioral...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING:...