BGCM! (Because God Chose Me!) Community Center & Sportsplex, is a 501c3 nonprofit academic, arts & athletic center for youth & families founded on Christian principles, and is dedicated to instilling in each member that they have been specifically chosen by God to do magnificent things! We specialize in improving the self esteem of youth and families in surrounding suburban as well as underrepresented and underprivileged communities. We promote integrity and stewardship, and offer an innovative opportunity to train, excel, and compete academically, artistically, and athletically.
We are seeking a SUPER FANTASTIC employees who will produce work that will directly affect the growth of our organization while also gaining experience in areas which are important to you.
Benefits of working with BGCM:
* Gain professional work experience, while also meeting personal/professional goals.
* Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a global impact.
* Learn about the industry from all levels of BGCM management.
* Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment.
* For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements.
* Room for growth is available.
* Manage site and communicate with students and/or parents and staff on a daily basis.
* Manage staff to ensure order and classes are on schedule.
* Open and close facility as needed.
* Assist with entering data, ordering supplies, tracking attendance, and other tasks.
* Ensure site is clean, safe and functioning.
* Ensure equipment and snack bar is setup, restrooms are clean and facility is well maintained.
* This includes but is not limited to dish and trash duties, mopping, and sweeping.
* Ensure facility is free from roaming students and report any unusual activities.
* Mentoring is available; extensive training for day to day responsibilities is unavailable; candidate MUST be a self-starter and work proficiently with a great level of autonomy.
* Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, and excellent computer skills.
* Exceptional prioritization, leadership, presentation and management skills.
* Passion for youth and a heart to serve.
* Must be assertive, pay meticulous attention to detail, and utilize strong critical thinking skills.
* Enrollment in a certificate or degree program or employment in business administration, organizational leadership, psychology, public affairs, communication, or a similarly related field of study is a plus.
* Project management skills are a plus.
* Based on experience, position may start as unpaid position, with the potential to transition into a part-time or full-time paid position within the organization.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST: Email references and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit www.bgcme.org to learn more about our organization.
Good Match For
Kids Teens Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Event...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Senior Grant...
- IMMEDIATE NEED: Girls Who Code...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Human...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Creative Arts...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Research...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Site Manager
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Social Media...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR SUMMER-...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: STEM...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Literacy...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Assistant to...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Tutors...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Health Care...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Behavioral...
- IMMEDIATE OPENING:...