Available Volunteer Opportunity:
Duration: Weekday afternoon hours are available.
Depending on your tasks may include:
* Empowering 1st-5th graders with reading and math skills
* Sharing your interests or hobbies to broaden their interests
* Speaking "Life" into them through relationship
* Helping children develop their gifts and talents
* Partnering with/assisting school staff/ In-school coordinator, one per school
Impact: By serving with this volunteer opportunity, you will help children and youth achieve academic success, develop character and be supported through healthy relationships.
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* Prepared to comply with and submit information for background check
* Willing to attend a 3 hr. informational training (for mentors) prior to starting. Usually held on Saturday morning in August.
* Willing to start in the fall.
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule. One day/ One hour/ Once a week
* Able to show love and patience towards children
* Ability to assist elementary-age students with homework
* Knowledgeable of elementary school academics
* 18 or older
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Are You Handy? Housing...
- Dietician/Nutritionist Needed!
- Prayer Volunteers Needed!
- Tutor and Mentor Students In...
- Help Clothe People in Need!
- Spanish Translators Needed!
- Greet Youth & Provide...
- Help Provide a Warm Meal to...
- Serve Families in Need! Mobile...
- Got Musical Talent? Help Provide...
- Food Pantry Shopping Assistants...
- Volunteer at an After-School...
- Are you able to lift up to 50lb...
- Be a Children's Sunday School...
- Food Loaders Needed!
- Do You Enjoy Children at Play?...
- Cleaning Assistant Needed!
- Help Sort Donations & Stock...
- Direct Care Assistants Needed...
- Skilled in Bike Repair?