Did you know that the Coatesville area has the lowest number of children scoring proficient in reading in the county? Only 65.7% of children are proficient or advanced. You can make a difference!
Volunteers work one-on-one or with small groups of elementary school children (kindergarten thru 4th grade). A fun opportunity to help a struggling child further develop their reading skills like comprehension, fluency and confidence. School districts in Chester county need volunteers for this school year. Training provided.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 50
- Orientation or Training
- one hour per week during the school year
- Explore Volunteering
- America Reads/Reading Coaches
- Volunteer Executive Consultants...
- Get joy from Reading to...
- Adult Literacy
- America Reads/Reading Coaches in...
- Meals on Wheels in Kennett
- America Reads / Reading Coaches...
- Virtual Algebra Tutors
- Medicare Counseling
- STEM Career Exploration Presenters
- Mentoring Students
- Meals-on-Wheels in Coatesville
- Helping Seniors at Home
- Veterans Return to School
- Community Links Programs