YourWords STL is a volunteer tutoring organization dedicated to teaching St. Louis youth how to amplify one's voice through writing.
We are seeking a dedicated volunteer to coordinate our growing pool of talented and enthusiastic tutors. Currently we have one class per week with 10 regular volunteer tutors, and we will be adding a second class, also with 10 tutors, beginning in 2017. We also have a small pool of substitute tutors and receive 2-3 inquires per week from new candidates.
The tutor coordinator's roles include:
- Keeping the weekly online schedule updated
- Contacting substitute tutors to fill in if a regular tutor needs a day off
- Checking in on a bi-weekly basis with tutors to ensure that they have the resouces they need to be successful in tutoring their students
- Responding to inquiries from new candidates for the tutor pool
- Schedule orientation and training for new tutors
- Research continuing education opportunities for tutorsThese duties usually take 2-5 hours per week. The tutor coordinator may work at our shared office space at CIC @ CET or from home as needed. The hours are entirely flexible. Training will be provided, and the current tutor coordinator will work with the new candidate for the first several weeks to ensure a smooth transition.
Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions, and thank you for considering this opportunity!
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hours per week