CRB seeks a Youth Coding Camp Assistant who can help CRB staff develop fun games and activities for our upcoming Youth Coding Camp. As the number of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) and STEM related jobs increase, especially in the Puget Sound region, it is vitally important to provide opportunities for our youth to gain technology skills but also learn about and engage with technology driven professions. With the help of the Youth Coding Camp Assistant, we hope to inspire newly arrived refugee and immigrant youth to pursue a career in STEM related fields.
- Consult with CRB Youth Program Staff on engaging and creative ideas for curriculum
- Cultivate a positive classroom culture.
- Model active participation and professionalism when interacting with students.
- Promote respect and teamwork to ensure all students are working collaboratively.
- Provide feedback to Youth Program Manager and/or Youth Program Coordinator on individual student progress and/or struggles on a consistent basis.
Initial commitment would include 10 or more hours to consult with CRB Youth Program Staff on engaging and creative ideas for CRB’s week-long coding camp, as well as shedding insight into what coding language or software we should highlight that has the highest demand in the technology industry.
Additionally, the Coding Camp sessions will be held at Rainier Beach High School at the following dates and times:
- Mon. October 10 - 4 PM to 6 PM
- Tues. October 11 - 4 PM to 6 PM
- Mon. October 17 - 4 PM to 6 PM
- Tues. October 18 - 4 PM to 6 PM
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Oct 10, 11, 17, 18: 4 - 6 PM