Event Set-Up & Break Down Assistant for Disability-Friendly Events
Impact: Impact area: Mental, emotional and relational health
Location(s): Northford, CT
Hours: Weekend mornings and afternoons
Desired level of commitment: Three events per year
Age requirement: All ages
Tasks may include:
* Following set up/break down directions from event staff
* Moving items from one location to another
* Lifting and setting up tables, chairs and other supplies
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Accompanied by a parent or legal guardian if under 16
* Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
* Open to engaging with people with physical and/or intellectual disabilities
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Front Desk Assistant for...
- Community Meal Assistant
- Worship Musician at Street...
- Food Pantry Pick-Up and Delivery...
- Food Pantry Vehicle Loader
- Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Medical Professionals/Students...
- Intake Assistant for Health...
- Worship Musician for...
- Event Marketing Assistant for...
- Food and Clothing Distributor at...
- Event Registration Assistant for...
- Administrative Assistant at...
- Children's Worker
- Friendship and Hospitality...
- Childcare Assistant for Mothers...
- Basic Needs Assistant