The Trustees’ Charles River Valley Region encompasses 19 reservations ranging from meadowlands to farms. Take in the expansive views from atop Cedar Hill at Rocky Woods, stroll down the farm lane of Powisset Farm as you admire the rows of vegetables and herbs, explore scenic woodlands and rolling fields at Chestnut Hill Farm or experience the wonder of the Old Manse where Emerson, Hawthorne, and Thoreau spawned a revolution in American philosophy.
Though part of the Charles River Valley, the main focus of this position will be to promote programs taking place at Powisset Farm in Dover and Rocky Woods in Medfield. Work may also be done remotely.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Primary responsibility is to help increase program and event participation by inputting programs into local and other online events listings
- Secondary responsibility is to spend time in the communities, establishing prime locations for flyers or other traditional promotion
- Learn and maintain working and conversational knowledge of Trustees’ mission and programming to encourage participants to further engage with Trustees through volunteer opportunities and membership.
- When possible: assist with day-of event support, including taking photos, supporting staff, and ensuring smooth logistics at event
- Depending upon the volunteer’s experience and interest, use established marketing guidelines, develop promotional materials such as flyers, emails, press releases, and other documents utilized to promote Charles River Valley programs and events
- Log volunteer hours in a timely fashion
- Experience with social media outlets and ability to think creatively about event promotion
- Ability to use Microsoft and other tools to create flyers, emails, and other program support materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and flexible
- Interest in agriculture, farming, outdoor recreation, and/or the Massachusetts environment a plus
- Must have means of transportation as well as ability to provide a personal laptop/computer
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Monthly, 5 hours,flexible days
- May work remotely
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Gardening Volunteer - Dunes'...
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Invasive Species Control...
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Engagement Survey Volunteer -...
- Nest Box Monitor - Charles River...
- Wednesday Garden Crew - Haskell
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- Communications Outreach...
- Barnyard Story Hour Volunteer -...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Painter Volunteer - Charles...
- Hen Helper - The Farm Institute
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...