The Trustees’ Charles River Valley Region encompasses 19 reservations ranging from meadowlands to farms. Take in the expansive views from atop Cedar Hill at Rocky Woods, stroll down the farm lane of Powisset Farm as you admire the rows of vegetables and herbs, explore scenic woodlands and rolling fields at Chestnut Hill Farm or experience the wonder of the Old Manse where Emerson, Hawthorne, and Thoreau spawned a revolution in American philosophy.
Though part of the Charles River Valley, the main focus of this position will be to promote programs taking place at Powisset Farm in Dover and Rocky Woods in Medfield. Work may also be done remotely.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Using established marketing guidelines, develop promotional materials such as flyers, emails, press releases, and other documents utilized to promote Charles River Valley programs and events
* Develop a social media and press calendar and outreach strategy to increase program and event participation; input programming into local and other online events listings
* Spend time in the communities, establishing prime locations for flyers or other traditional promotion; work with and manage volunteers to promote events locally
* Learn and maintain working and conversational knowledge of Trustees’ mission and programming to encourage participants to further engage with Trustees through volunteer opportunities and membership.
* When possible: assist with day-of event support, including taking photos, supporting staff, and ensuring smooth logistics at event
* Log volunteer hours in a timely fashion
* Experience with social media outlets and ability to think creatively about event promotion
* Ability to use Microsoft and other tools to create flyers, emails, and other program support materials
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Organized and flexible
* Interest in agriculture, farming, outdoor recreation, and/or the Massachusetts environment a plus
* Must have means of transportation as well as ability to provide a personal laptop/computer
Time Commitment Needed
Weekly flexible time commitment of 5-10 hours, flexible days; 3 month minimum commitment.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours weekly, 3 month commitment; flexible
- May work remotely
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Kitchen Assistant - Powisset Farm
- Fall Barnyard Cleanup - Weir...
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- CSA Harvest Crew - Weir River Farm
- Holiday Event Planner - Bradley...
- Communications Outreach...
- Children's Public Program...
- For a Song - Powisset Farm
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Wednesday Workday Corps -...
- Data Entry-Moose Hill Farm
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...
- Habitat Restoration - Copicut...