In late 2018 I plan to undertake a cross-country walk, from Southern California to Plymouth, Massachusetts, to benefit the Plymouth Task Force to End Homelessness.
To make this walk an effective fundraiser I need to accomplish several things prior to my departure:
1. Effectively publicize "WalkingHome" through traditional and social media in the greater Plymouth area in order to generate donations from individuals and organizations.
2. Identify the specific communities that I will pass by on this 3000+ mile walk and, create a list of the media (newspapers, radio and television stations and social media entities) best able to reach the residents in those areas.
3. Develop a list of 365 individuals, 365 'home recipes,' 365 events and/or Plymouth non-profits, and 365 local species (animals, insects, trees, flowers etc.) that can be featured online and in person eery day of the walk.
This effort is fiscally sponsored by the Plymouth Task Force to End Homelessness and all funds raised pass through their accounts, guaranteeing that donations are 100 percent tax deductible.
- Internet Research
- Social Media / Blogging
- Habitat Restoration
- Website Programming
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 8 hours per week.
- Interest and imagination.