Crisis Text Line provides free, nationwide, 24/7 support for people in crisis, all via text message. The service is powered by volunteer Crisis Counselors who work remotely anywhere with a computer and secure internet connection. Crisis Counselors answer texts from people in crisis, bringing them from a hot moment to a cool calm through active listening, collaborative problem solving, and safety planning. Apply to volunteer at crisistextline.org/volunteer
The late night hours are a peak time for crisis, so we're actively recruiting Crisis Counselors in Hawaii, given the amazing advantage of the time zone.
HOW DO YOU BECOME A CRISIS COUNSELOR?
- Step 1: Fill out the 30-minute application at crisistextline.org/volunteer
- Step 2: Consent to a background check
- Step 3: Complete the 30-hour web-based training
- Step 4: Take your first shift and start changing lives! You will commit to volunteering 200 total hours, at your own pace. Shifts are two hours long.
- Learn skills. In 30 hours, you’ll walk away knowing active listening, collaborative problem solving, and crisis management. (These are skills that will help in your personal relationships too!)
- Train & volunteer from the comfort of your home.
- Oooh, impressive! Our Crisis Counselors highlight the training on their resumes when interviewing for jobs, applying to grad school, and building out their LinkedIn profile.
VOLUNTEER WORK THAT ENRICHES YOUR LIFE
- Level up. Earn volunteer leadership positions. Get the first crack at Crisis Text Line internships and job openings. Gain access to special privileges, including discounts and gifts.
- Hone your skills. Work alongside volunteers who are also social workers, therapists, and psychiatrists to sharpen your crisis counseling skills-while in your jammies, at home!
- Feel supported. This is a community. We support each other. We are a big awesome family.
WE LOVE HAWAII
- The late night hours are a peak time for crisis, so we're actively building our community of Crisis Counselors in Hawaii given the amazing advantage of the time zone
READY TO VOLUNTEER?
APPLY HERE: crisistextline.org/volunteer
Questions? Email: email@example.com
- Crisis Intervention
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week for a year
- United States social security number, working computer with secure Internet connection