San Francisco - Lincoln High School-Teach High School Students Valuable Business/Career Skills
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where3750 18th St.San Francisco, CA 94114
Make a difference in the future of San Francisco high school students by teaching them economic success skills!
As a volunteer, you will:
- Receive ready-to-use materials provided by JA
- Teach up to seven 45-minute lessons to a class of approximately 30 high school students
- Receive a 1 hour volunteer training
Anticipated program start date is October 30. Day of the week/class time TBD.
JA Career Success - students will:
- Session 1: Get Hired: Critical thinking and Creativity - apply to problem solving
- Session 2: Get Hired: Communication and Conflict Management Skills
- Session 3: Get Hired: Collaboration and Creativity - high performing teams
- Session 4: Get Hired: Strong Soft Skills - practice interviewing
- Session 5: Know Your Work Priorities - use priority setting tools
- Session 6: Know Who’s Hiring - recognize STEM and other high-growth industries
- Session 7: Know Your Personal Brand - identify personal-brand and job hunting tools
How to Get Started
Junior Achievement’s proven, turnkey programs make volunteering easy. Simply respond to this listing and Junior Achievement of Northern California will contact you to set up a short training session. Questions? Contact Lucy Rushanova, Program Manager, at 925-465-1082 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View a list of our programs here: https://www.juniorachievement.org/web/12659/26
- Financial Literacy
- Relationship Building
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 7 weeks (one 45-minute lesson per week)