Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.
Junior Achievement of Northern California (JA) achieves this mission through teaching students about their expanding roles as individuals, consumers, employees, employers, and productive members of our society. Working in partnership with over 4,000 community and corporate volunteers, we provide empowering programs to K-12 students across 23 counties in Northern and Central California. JA's vision is to make a positive impact on the lives of all students in our operational area, and our efforts towards this ultimate goal are guided by these core values:
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity, and excellence in how we do it
- Respect in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning
Each school year, JA NorCal impacts over 90,000 students with programs that will help them become economically confident and career-ready adults.
Our regional headquaters is located in Walnut Creek, and we have branch offices in San Jose and Fresno. We currently operate in the following counties:
Alameda, Calaveras, Contra Costa, Fresno, Humboldt, Inyo, Madera, Marin, Mariposa, Mendocino, Merced, Mono, Monterey, Napa, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, and Tuolumne.