We are looking for a friendly individual currently living in the Philadelphia, PA area to join our team as the Volunteer Coordinator (Philadelphia). In this role, you will lead our efforts to recruit motivated local volunteers in Philadelphia to join our cause. AsylumConnect depends on the time and commitment of our volunteers to achieve our mission. As the Volunteer Coordinator (Philadelphia), you will oversee and manage our local volunteer program in Philly. You will develop volunteer position descriptions, spearhead local community outreach to find volunteers, participate in the hiring and training of local volunteers, and lead the effort to host local volunteer forums to gather valuable feedback from our eyes and ears on the ground. You will report directly to (and work closely with) our Director of Human Resources, Matt Noel.
We’re looking for an organized and personable individual who is passionate about growing our volunteer program in Philadelphia.
- Report (and work closely with) the Director of Human Resources.
- Help to recruit and mobilize other local community members to volunteer for AsylumConnect.
- Participate in the hiring and training of volunteers in Philadelphia.
- Serve as the primary contact person for all volunteers in Philadelphia.
- Encourage and facilitate collaboration between local volunteers. Lead the effort to organize and host local volunteer forum/meet-and-greets to gather valuable feedback from our volunteers in Philadelphia.
- Maintain regular communication with local volunteers (i.e. sending out monthly emails to all volunteers as well as touching base with individual volunteers periodically/as needed).
- Regularly update our team on the progress of and any challenges faced by volunteers in Philadelphia.
- Provide support to local volunteers to help accomplish assigned tasks.
- Brainstorm and execute local volunteer recognition program.
- Currently, living in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following area(s): volunteer management, recruitment, performance management, public relations, community service, onboarding, employee relations, leadership development.
- Exemplary ability to articulate our mission, vision, and cause.
- Superior written and oral English language skills.
- Friendly, organized, and reliable.
*To apply visit our website at: http://www.asylumconnect.org/join-our-team/
*Start/end date are negotiable.
- People Skills
- Human Resources Training & Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Candidates must be living in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area