PATH has been ending homelessness for individuals, families, and communities in California for over 30 years. Since 2013 we have helped over 6,000 of our homeless neighbors find permanent housing. Help us spread holiday cheer to our homeless and previously homeless seniors, veterans, and families this year! You essentially have three programs to choose from:
Adopt a Site
Host a holiday party at one of our shelters or permanent housing locations. Feel free to get creative with decorations, music, food, and more! This is perfect if your group can provide small gifts for 20-75 individuals. Please note location sizes vary.
Adopt a Family
By referencing our family profile form, sponsors buy presents for their specific families and deliver them wrapped to a PATH site for our case managers to distribute! This is perfect if you want to adopt one full-size family, or more. Note that this opportunity get's filled up quickly, so the eariler you reach out the better.
Family Holiday Party
Contribute to our general gift registry and we’ll invite you to engage the kids with holiday-themed activities while we secretly distribute presents to their parents! This is perfect if you want to donate just a couple of toys or a few hours of your time. You also have the chance to host certain stations at our party. In the past, groups have hosted arts & crafts, cupcake decorating, snacks and other fun ideas. Groups have also reached out as performers, face painters, and more!
Our tentative timeline for this year is as follows:
- Now until November 19th: Sponsors are matched with a program
- November 20th: Sponsors receive their Holiday Portfolios with wish lists and more (just in time to share with friends & family during Thanksgiving dinner)
- December 2nd: "Adopt a Site" and "Family Holiday" party dates are solidified
- December 18th: Final date to purchase gifts via online registries or stores depending on the program you chose
- December 19th-January 2nd: "Adopt a Site" and "Family Holiday" parties
- Event Design & Planning
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Depends on the option you're most interested in