Our volunteers in Seattle help us to spread the word about the AsylumConnect catalog (the first online, centralized database of service providers for LGBTQ asylum seekers in the U.S.) among LGBTQ asylum seekers and relevant service providers in the Seattle area. You will help us to collect valuable data to assess the operations of the catalog in Seattle and make sure our catalog is as useful as possible. Sample volunteer responsibilities include:
- Drop-off/distribute printed AsylumConnect informational materials (infographics, flyers, etc.) in public spaces as well as to local organizations/providers to then distribute to local LGBTQ asylum seekers
- Assist with organizing and hosting local in-person events (such as group in-person catalog testing events, AsylumConnect presentations to key stakeholders and community members, volunteer forums/meet-and-greets, etc.)
- Help to mobilize other local community members to volunteer for AsylumConnect
- Identify, attend and network at relevant local events to help with local outreach
- Complete other catalog-related tasks as assigned by the AsylumConnect Director of Catalog and Data Manager
*To apply visit the volunteer section of our website at: http://www.asylumconnect.org/volunteer/
*The position is unpaid at this time.
*Everyone living in Seattle is welcome to apply!
*The time commitment is flexible and based on the schedules of our volunteers.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- flexible and based on the schedules of volunteers
- Living in the Seattle, Washington area