Volunteer Grant Writer Information
The Institute For Global Transformation's mission is a world working together to utilize the power, love and wisdom of higher consciousness to benefit humanity and the planet. We have distinctly different programs that help us achieve our mission. We are looking for a Grant writer, with a spiritual focus, who is able to use her/his skills to help us secure funding for our diverse programs as well as our overarching program of Transforational Conversations.
Requirements: Some experience with grant writing, detail oriented, enjoy grant research, good communication skills, flexible attitude and a team player.
Nonprofit Grant Writer Job Duties
Ability to work on research for several different programs from within our data base and knowledge of how to prepare a LOI. A desire to familiarize yourself with the Institute For Global Transformation’s programs, goals and needs. Keep careful records and, if a grant-making organization requests additional information, apply your skills to supply the missing items.
We would like our Team to consist of:
- Researcher: builds your case for support-your statement of need. You want this person to be somewhat analytical and able to make connections between facts and figures.
- Writer: takes all of the information and turns it into a compelling request for support.
- Graphic designer: takes the data you provide and develops charts and graphs, or creates any visual that will strengthen the request.
- Copyeditor: reviews the entire proposal before it is submitted, making sure it is grammatically clean.
- Bookkeeper or accountant: generates the budget for the request.
- Proposal coordinator: reviews all of the grant guidelines and assembles the final package.
A background in grant writing.
- Data Entry
- Grant Writing / Research
- Program Management
- Database Administration
- Internet Research
- Market Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 3 to 4 hours per week
- strategic thinker