PATH’s executive team is seeking a highly motivated, creative, well-organized and detail-oriented Public Policy Intern. The person in this position will assist in fulfilling PATH’s mission to end homelessness by researching and disseminating actionable knowledge about initiatives related to homelessness and affordable housing. In doing so, the person in this position will be assisting in the enhancement of PATH’s public policy and advocacy capacity.
- Research and track local, state, and federal policy initiatives related to homelessness and affordable housing.
- Assist in the coordination of meetings with political offices.
- Assist staff with special projects and initiatives.
- Represent PATH at off-site events, as assigned.
- Assist with administrative work and other duties, as assigned.
- Be available for at least 10 hours per week - days/times you choose are flexible.
- Occasional weekend and evening opportunities may arise.
- Have a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Be available to help other members of the department that may require assistance for special events or projects.
- MPA, MPP, Macro Social Work, or similar background preferred.
- Excellent self-management, organizational, research, and multitasking skills.
- Willingness to learn and assist others.
- Hard-worker and team player.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- High level of initiative, creativity, and motivation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher).
- Internet Research
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 10 hours a week
- MPA, MPP, MSW preferred but not required