Summer time volunteer/intern opportunity in Italo's Garden Seed to Table Program.
We have 1/4 acre garden with 31 raised planter beds, 20 of annual vegetables to keep planted and maintained. Help extend access to our fabulous Seed-to-Table garden this summer by leading additional activity time for kids! Help us produce and consume as much organically grown fruits and veggies as these kids can eat!
The more experience with gardening the better, though also a great chance to learn.
Looking for committment of 2 to 6 hours, one or two days per week for at least 8 out of 10 summer weeks. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
Volunteer activities could include:
- Planting, harvesting, weeding, with or without kids present
- Creating and leading garden games such as scavenger hunts
- Garden art projects
- Constructing/building an outdoor kitchen space
- Prepping simple cooking/tasting activities
- Greenhouse plant care
- Creating/maintaining signage in garden
- Cooking / Catering
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours weekly, or more