Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to inspire and enable all youth, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
About Alameda Boys & Girls Club
- Opens our doors to all kids from all schools and all backgrounds every day and evening after school, on week-ends, and during vacations and is the only facility in Alameda that provides this service.
- Continues a 62 year-old tradition of providing a safe and positive place for all youth ages 6 through 18.
- Serves over 3,000 youth in a new, state-of-the-art Youth Development Center and provides a community resource facility for everyone in Alameda.
- Engages and empowers those who need us the most: Over 40% of members are from single parent households, and over 60% come from economically-disadvantaged families.
- Supervises and administers programs in certified areas of youth development:
- Character, Leadership, Life Skills, and Career Education
- Math, Science, Reading, and Technology
- Arts and Crafts, and Performance and Digital Arts
- Sports, Recreation, and Fitness
- Gardening, Cooking, Health, and Nutrition
- Provides after-school homework help and tutoring.
- Offers free dental, vision, and medical screenings from local medical professionals and assists with access to follow-up care.
- Conducts programs on avoiding substance abuse, violence prevention, and home safety for children-- and offers individual and family counseling services.
- Partners with local schools, other community youth organizations, and non-profits to ensure that our members receive the services they need most.
- Motivates kids to return to tell their success stories and to give back to the community they call "home," by becoming mentors, coaches, volunteers, Board members, and donors.
- Enjoys a professional affiliation with the Boys and Girls Club of America, a national organization with headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.