Mission: Since 1992, Big Apple Greeter has given New Yorkers an opportunity to give back to the city they know and love through its free, New York City welcoming service. Dedicated to showing " New York City through the eyes of a New Yorker," the greeter service connects visitors with knowledgeable and enthusiastic volunteers who proudly show neighborhoods throughout the city.
In addition to the volunteer greeters who meet visitors, volunteers also play key roles in the Big Apple Greeter office.
Position Summary: Big Apple Greeter is currently seeking a Special Projects Manager to work with the Executive Director. This is an executive-level experience for the right individual interested in working in the non-profit world. This person would:
- ? Accompany the executive director to high-level meetings, e.g., with members of the City Council and other City organizations.
- ? Initiate and maintain contact with City government representatives, corporate supporters, and key industry representatives.
- ? Use these activities to advance Big Apple Greeter’s goal of furthering cultural diplomacy and supporting economic development here in New York City .
Qualifications: This person should have excellent interpersonal communication skills, as well as writing, editing, online research, office computer, and organizational and analytical skills.
Benefits: This is a good opportunity for someone who either has non-profit experience or who would like to learn the workings of a non-profit organization up close.
- Executive Admin
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 days or 4 half-days a week; flexible hours.
- Minimum commitment: 6 months.