Purpose: To lead, operationalize, organize, and support CTF activities outside of Greece.
Primary Tasks: The Country Lead Coordinator will oversee the following tasks:
- Assess country situations and environments for CTF involvement.
- Identify and assist with planning exploratory trips to the country.
- Lead bulk distribution of carriers and other CTF aid to partners in country.
- Make recommendations related to CTF involvement in the country for CTF board approval.
Skills: The Country Lead Coordinator should be able to:
- Communicate respectively and effectively with CTF staff/volunteers, non-governmental agencies, donors, and other partners.
- Organize logistics, communications, and other tasks associated with the role.
- Foster collaboration with CTF staff/volunteers, non-governmental agencies, donors, and other partners.
- Lead with patience, compassion, strength, and a sense of humor.
Proposed Activities: As appropriate, the Country Lead Coordinator will implement the following activities (recommended, not exhaustive list):
- Determine the refugee situation in the country (estimated numbers, primary countries of origin, demographics, camps/squatting, etc.)
- Contact organizations working in country with refugees
- Identify CTF volunteers in/near that country and/or possible CTF volunteers with connections to the country.
- Organize a pilot shipment of carriers to a partnering organization/person in the country.
- Organize an exploratory trip/team for further assessment in the country.
- Ensure regular shipments of carriers to country (as needed).
Materials: To assist with this role current materials include:
- Exploratory trip proposal template
- Exploratory trip report template
- Translated carrier instructions
- Letter from CTF to accompany humanitarian aid shipmentsExpected Time Commitment: Depending on the country and current possibilities of CTF activities, the time commitment for this role will ebb and flow. Estimated time commitment: 10-15 hours a month, including a 1-2 times a month 1 hour conference call.
- Program Management
- Strategic Planning
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Community Outreach
- Project Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per month