Description: The Event Planning internship is an opportunity to learn about the planning and implementation of large and small events for a non-profit organization. Guidance will be provided by the Executive Director and Volunteer Coordinator of East Side Elders.
About Us: East Side Elders helps seniors live full and rewarding lives - in the home and community they want - for as long as possible and as healthy and well as possible. Our teams of volunteers, students and community members provide a wide range of services and activities that give the necessary support and resources to our elderly neighbors wherever they call home.
Hours: 10-15 hours/week
- Understand the challenges facing seniors on the East Side of Saint Paul
- Gain experience planning events such as resource fairs and monthly events for seniors
- Learn how to approach businesses for donations and sponsorship of events
- Discover communication strategies for promoting events
- Other opportunities as determined by the intern and East Side Elders
- Must have reliable transportation or ability to use public transportation to travel to our office and to various events around the metro
- Must pass a background check
- Able to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds in a caring, courteous manner
- At least 18 years old
If you are interested in this position, please contact us:
463 Maria Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Applications can be filled out online:
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- One semester or equivalent
- Volunteer Handyperson
- Footcare Volunteer
- Special Event Volunteer - Elder...
- Volunteer Housekeeper
- Fight Hunger - Help Seniors Stay...
- Volunteer Exercise Instructor
- Fun and Games with Seniors -...
- Volunteer Attorney
- Help Seniors with Household Chores
- Wellness Clinic Nurse
- Communications Internship
- Provide Relief to Primary...
- East Side Elders Board Member
- Nursing Assistant
- Event Planning Internship
- Fundraising Volunteer
- Volunteer Driver for Seniors in...
- Event Planning Volunteer
- Communications Volunteer
- Nursing Student Volunteer