Resounding Joy uses therapeutic and recreational music programs to improve the social, emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being of individuals and communities. Since its inception, Resounding Joy has provided music therapy and recreational music services to more than 85,000 children and adults in the greater San Diego region. Resounding Joy board-certified staff music therapists and volunteers deliver services through four major programs that target four distinct underserved populations:
Healing Notes» music therapy to support children in medical care
Mindful Music» recreational music to empower seniors
Semper Sound» music therapy to assist military rehabilitation
Sound Minds» music therapy to facilitate preschool development
The Resounding Joy vision is to expand international awareness and to increase access to the power of music for recreational and therapeutic purposes.
This volunteer opportunity will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to significantly contribute to the perception of music therapy and have a direct impact on the number of individuals reached with this needed service. The volunteer will assist in numerous and varied projects including executing a marketing plan, assisting with special events, managing critical administrative projects, and writing content for various external audiences.
Estimated Time Required: 8-15 hours per week. Schedules are flexible & family-friendly.
Start Date: September 26 th
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create content and coordinate development of printed marketing materials;
- Attend networking events and expos;
- Assist with sponsor identification and recognition process;
- Identify community needs for supportive and therapeutic music and assist with appropriate program development;
- Draft email and social media content; may include taking photos/video
- Manage blog and ensure website is updated;
- Manage events calendar
- Assist with execution of major fundraising events
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of two years of experience in marketing, nonprofit management, or related field
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Must function well in group and team settings, as well as independently
- Must be flexible and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and perform effectively and expeditiously under tight deadlines
- Must be able to pass background check & have reliable transportation
- Must possess interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity and respect for differences.
- Preferably knowledge of fundraising and communications software (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign; Constant Contact; Wordpress; etc.)
- Knowledge of and familiarity with social media content creation
Reporting Relationships: Supervised by the Director of Development
This is an unpaid position and will require 8 hours/week. Volunteer should commit to at least six months.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Market Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Minimum of 8 hours per week.