Want to cruise around town and help save lives? Become a Red Cross Transportation Specialis
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where100 Red Cross CirclePomona, CA 91768
Overview: Make a life saving difference each day you volunteer as a Transportation Specialist for American Red Cross Blood Services. Distribute blood to area hospitals as routine or "STAT" deliveries, transport blood and blood products from blood collection sites to the laboratory for processing, deliver equipment to local blood drives, and deliver blood to area hospitals. Volunteers drivers are needed 24/7 (you choose the hours and days that work best for you). However, we do require at least one day a week for a minimum of two hours. Our facility is located near California Polytechnic State University, Pomona. All volunteers will drive American Red Cross vehicles.
- The ability to lift and carry boxes (20x20x20") that weighs from 40lbs - 50lbs.
- Work in a dynamic environment.
- Ensure safe transportation of bio-medical products.
- Great communication skills, or customer service, as one will be require to talk to donors, hospital staff, American Red Cross staff, and other volunteers.
- Filling out driving trip logs.
- Using smart phone application to signify product delivery.
- The ability to work alone or with a team.
- Attend two driving classes, conducted at facility.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must pass background and driving record check.
- The ability to lift and carry boxes (20x20x20") that weighs up to 50lbs.
- Must pass road test conducted at facility.
- The ability to work alone, or with a team, in a constantly changing environment.
- Customer Service skills
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One shift a month (4hours)
- Good driving record