17 people are interested
Donate your "voice". Help Fidos with communications and public relations.
17 people are interested
Fidos needs a volunteer to assist with the production of our newsletter, assist in the preparation and sharing of media and event announcements, and help promote our organization.
About Fidos For Freedom, Inc.
P.O. Box 5508, 1200 Sandy Spring Road, Laurel, MD 20726, US
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for people in the Washington-Baltimore Metropolitan community by providing specially trained combat-related PTSD dogs, hearing dogs, service dogs, and therapy dogs. Fidos also educates the public about individuals with disabilities and about the benefits of assistance dogs and therapy dogs and the work that these specially trained dogs do for individuals with disabilities, children with reading difficulties, and patients in health care facilities.
Fidos For Freedom, Inc. is a volunteer-run, non-profit that has been providing specially trained Service and Therapy Dogs since 1987. We are one of only three service dog organizations in Maryland that is accredited by Assistance Dogs International.
Fidos offers the following:
- Specially trained PTSD dogs for veterans, mobility service dogs for those with physical disabilities, and hearing dogs for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. Service dog clients receive ongoing support services and training which continues beyond graduation. These services are available to the team through all the years the dog is working.
- Well-trained therapy dogs that perform quality visits to local health care facilities, schools and universities, and businesses (upon request) to offer unconditional love and emotional and physical benefits.
- Demonstrations at schools, churches, organizations, businesses, and special events to educate, enlighten and enrich the lives of community members regarding people with disabilities and the many benefits of assistance dogs
- A Junior Volunteer Program where high school students earn community service hours. They learn about dogs, dog training, build and share disability awareness, enjoy hands-on experiences with the training and care of dogs, hold a fundraiser, and much more!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 28, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- This is negotiable and can vary from week to week. If you can give us 2 hours per week, that's fine. If there are weeks that you are available for 10 hours, that's fantastic!
- Excellent writing skills, ability to work both independently and collaborate with others, good critical thinking skills